Monday, April 19, 2010

Never Fear -- Great-Grandmomma is Here

My visit with Bella, Lori and John went by way too fast. Each day we had visitors and before I knew it, it was time to come home. There were many things that I did not get done while I was there, but the weekend was over and it was time to get back to work. My only comfort in going back to work is knowing that by saving my leave time, I will hopefully be able to take more time off when Bella comes home.
As for those "things" that didn't get done on my visit, never fear because Great- Grandmomma has finally gotten to go down for an extended visit -- and she took cake!!!! For those of you who are new to my family, my daddy (aka Great Grand-Daddy) had open heart surgery 2 weeks before Bella was born. So, yes, for him to be doing well enough for mother to leave him and spend several days in Pensacola is a really good thing! Well, it's good for some people........for some reason the number of phone calls and text messages I have been receiving from John and Lori have dwindled down CONSIDERABLY since Grandmomma has been down there! To make matters worse, my usual mid-week trip had to be pushed back. Oh I do miss them terribly, but at the same time, I am so thankful that both my Daddy and Bella are doing well enough for me to feel like it's ok to go to work.
Ok, Nana is done whining now, on to the real reason you read this blog....Bella's Update:
I’ve always said no news is good news and that is basically what is going on with Bella this week. She seems to be in a steady routine now of eating every 3 hours, mixed with lots of sleeping and regular dirty diapers. Lori is doing much better. She and John visit as much as they can. Bella seems to sleep more in the mornings and is more alert in the evenings, so they never miss an evening visitation. That is usually Kangaroo time and when Bella gets bathed and weighed. She gains an average of 10 grams per day but had a larger jump tonight bringing her weight up to 2 pounds 7 ounces. Sounds like she is getting ready for Nana to be able to hold her!

I am blessed beyond measure to work with an agency full of such caring and understanding people. I am truly thankful for my coworkers as well as our many friends and family. We continue to count our blessings where our Bella is concerned. Please continue to remember her in prayer. The road ahead is still a long one, but with God, all things are possible.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1


Photobucket

No comments: