Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Got Milk? Got Music?

Tuesday, April 6

I am happy to report that Bella had a good night. Her jaundice test showed improvement and by midday, the lights were removed. We rejoice in this because even though jaundice is a routine condition for newborns, everything is more critical when you're a preemie.

Big News.....Bella's tiny tummy is now awake and processing her food!! She has a tiny feeding tube, but the problem has been that her stomach was not processing the food. Well, maybe her little body is waking up or maybe she just got hungry but last night she began to process some of her food and now she is processing ALL of it. This is very important because we need Bella to grow. She is already starting to gain back the weight she lost and is now weighing in at 1.13 pounds.

On a non medical note, Lori is still being allowed to hold little Bella, and John had his first turn today. Lori also got to pick out a bedding set for her crib. They were told that when she is 3 weeks old, she can start wearing her own clothes. I guess somebody needs to go shopping!! John has also downloaded some Mozart and Beethoven to his cell phone for her to listen to. I told him that he needed to let her listen to some good stuff, like SOUTHLAND! Then she can join Uncle Andy's fan club with Ginny and Audrey!

Today was my first day back at work, but if you had looked in my vehicle you would have thought I was heading out today. I am literally ready to leave at a moment's notice. Ricky and I are planning on going back Wednesday night after work. Of course we are all very excited, since this will be the FIRST time Papa Ricky has seen Bella since her helicopter ride. To tell you the truth, Nana is pretty excited too. It looks like Saturday will be a busy day for visitors because Lori and John have requested a visit from little brother (or I should say Uncle) Will!

Friday will be a big day for Bella. Besides turning one week old, she will be getting her first brain scan. We are all very anxious about this and we ask that you continue to lift Bella up in prayer.

Photobucket

4 comments:

The Mitchell's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mitchell's said...

I ran across this blog on Jennifer Lindsay's Facebook page. I too had a son that needed medical attention at birth. We were sent to UAB and then onto Children's.

I know that we don't know each other, but I am praying for you all and Baby Bella! I know that is is a roller coaster that you are on, but hang in there!!! God is the ultimate physician and will see you through!

My son's motto is Blessing For Baker! I thought that was neat when your page said the same thing!! :)If you need anything, my email is mitchell_emm@hotmail.com

Jim and MJ said...

I am so thankful that sweet Bella is doing well. I will continue to pray for all of your family!

LADennis said...

Love the blog Nana!! It is great that you are keeping all of us informed. I have been praying for little Bella and all of you. God sends miracles and this is one of them. Keep the updates coming! By the way, Bella looks absolutely gorgeous. Such a sweetie!

LeeAnn